The maps linked below outline how we have sequenced our Physical Education Curriculum to enable Maidstonians to build their knowledge and skills towards clear end points.
- PE Years 7-13 Curriculum Outline 2022-2023
- Core PE Years 9-13 Curriculum Outline 2022-2023
- Games Years 7-11 Curriculum Outline 2022-2023
Key Stage 3: Years 7-8
Over a fortnightly timetable, KS3 students receive:
- 2 hours of guided learning.
- 1 hour of homework
Key Stage 4: Years 9-11
Qualification: GCSE Physical Education
Exam board: EDEXCEL
Over a fortnightly timetable, GCSE PE students receive:
- 4 hours of guided learning (GCSE PE) & 3 hours of guided learning (Core PE & Games)
- 2 hours of homework (GCSE PE)
Key Stage 5: Years 12-13
Qualification: A Level PE
Exam board: AQA
Over a fortnightly timetable, A Level PE students receive:
- 8 hours of guided classroom learning.
- 10 hours of homework.