A Level and GCSE Results - Information
A Message from Mr Ferguson:
Firstly, I hope you and your families are well. Hopefully, you have seen the two videos I sent out earlier this week covering some of the more common questions I have received:
I would also now like to explain how results day is going to work. A-Level Results Day will be on Thursday 13th August and GCSE Results Day will be on Thursday 20th August. Both days will operate in the same way:
- We are holding a physical results day in person. It will be slower as we follow all the necessary health and safety measures, but we want to be there to support you in person on such an important day in your life. There will questions you have and problems to solve, but we will be there to support you every step of the way.
- We will be opening at 8am to hand out results and there will be a long socially distance queue for you to join in the car park.
- You and your parents cannot park on site as we will need all of that space, and your parents will not be able to come into the hall with you. They can stand and wait in the car park, but you can go back out there if you want to be with them when you open your envelope.
- Alternatively, you can walk through the hall and out into the quad if you want to be with your fellow students. We will then be using the quad as the base for all students to gather if they want to see an SLT member for the many reasons I have outlined in the videos. We can’t all be gathering in the hall or reception.
We also now know the dates of the resit exams:
- A-Levels will start on Monday 5th October, finishing by Friday 23rd October.
- GCSEs will start on Monday 2nd November, finishing by Monday 23rd November.
- They are hoping the A-Level results will be ready by Christmas and the GCSE results by January.
While I am contacting you all, it is worth mentioning that all Year 12 need to be ready to start school from Thursday 3rd September for their Sixth Form Induction. Lessons will be operating in full from Monday 7th September. There are videos on how this is going to work that are being emailed to all your parents over the coming week.
Our thoughts are very much with you all. I hope you are well and that the sun comes back out so you all have a brilliant summer.