Key Stage 4
Key Stage 4 is completed in Years 9, 10 and 11. In total students usually study eleven GCSE subjects based upon the following structure:
All students study:
- English Language and English Literature.
- Mathematics (Gifted Mathematicians may also study a qualification beyond standard GCSE)
- Biology, Chemistry and Physics as components of GCSE Combined Science.
- A Modern Foreign Language.
- A Humanity (History or Geography).
Religious Studies Students will study three other subjects taken from: a third Science (making separate GCSEs in Biology, Chemistry and Physics), another Modern Language, Art, Business Studies, Classical Civilisation, Computing, Design & Technology, Drama, Film Studies, Food Technology, Geography, History, Latin, Music, Physical Education, and Sociology.
In addition, students will also take compulsory courses in PE and Games, and Personal, Social, Health & Citizenship Education including Careers Education.
Details of all GCSE courses are given in a booklet distributed to Year 8 students during Term 3. A copy of last year’s booklet is available on request. The courses available may not be the same from year to year and it may not be possible to run every course every year. It will depend on the number of students wishing to study a particular subject and the availability of staff.