Microsoft Office free to students and Staff
Staff & Students at MGS are able to benefit from a free copy of Microsoft Office whilst the school maintains suitable Microsoft licensing, and whilst the staff member or student remains at MGS, more details below.
NB If you do not see the software download when you log in as per the instructions below, or you do not have a curriculum account, please call into the IT Office and ask for the Technicians to check that you have the correct licenses assigned to your Office 365 Account.
How do I get Office 365 ProPlus Software?" (From a staff/student perspective)
READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY, THERE IS NO SUPPORT PROVIDED BY THE MGS IT STAFF
What is Student/Staff Advantage and Office 365 Pro plus? -
Here’s what you need to know…
YOU MUST BE A CURRENT MEMBER OF STAFF OR STUDENT AT MGS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS OFFER
Staff & Students will need to sign into Office 365 (MGS Student/Curriculum Email) with their normal MGS Network username & password. HOWEVER, this MUST be on the HOME computer they wish to install Office 365 ProPlus onto. You can login at home through the links on the school website, or directly into Outlook Web Access (link above) etc. Once there, click on the little sprocket in the top right-hand corner, and select Office 365 settings from the menu.
This will take you to your main settings page, where you can see all sorts of interesting things, but in the context of Student Advantage and Office 365 ProPlus, we’re only interested in the software link.
Clicking the software link will take you to the page, where you can access your Office 365 ProPlus software!
Simply select the appropriate language, and whether you want the 32-bit or 64-bit* (click advanced to unlock that option) and then click install. Your Office 365 ProPlus experience will then begin.
Office Mobile for iOS and Android
One of the additional benefits of Student Advantage is that Office 365 ProPlus enables the use of Office Mobile for iOS for iPhones and Office Mobile for Android for Android phones. The apps are available via the various stores (iTunes and Google Play).
The apps themselves are free, but require an active subscription to use. Download the app to your device, and sign in with your MGS Email credentials to get started.
Please note the following important points:
- Office 365 Proplus is provided to you free but without support, guarantee or warranty by either Microsoft or MGS.
- You may install this software on up to five devices
- You are subject to the terms and conditions specified on the download pages & this document.
- Your entitlement to install & use this software is limited to your time at MGS as a full-time student or member of staff, and subject to the school continuing to license its software via the Microsoft Enrolment for Education Scheme/ use of the Office 365 for Education systems.
- Neither MGS nor Microsoft will accept any claim for loss or damage as a result of you installing this software on your home computers; you do so entirely at your own risk.
- MGS IT Staff are not able to assist you with either installation or fault finding beyond the provision of this document. We cannot work on your home PC’s, Laptops, or other mobile devices
- Any attempt to transfer copies of this software or the privileges associated with your school network account to anyone other than you will result in your account being suspended and disciplinary action is taken. (THIS IS YOUR NETWORK ACCOUNT TOO SO DON'T SHARE IT!)
Below are some quick start guides on how to do this for the most popular platforms.