Ways of Donating
This is the most popular way of making a gift as donations can be made by monthly, quarterly or annual standing orders.
You may prefer to give a lump sum either as a one-off gift or just donate on an irregular basis.
As a school we will be able to reclaim basic rate tax on your gift. This means that for every £1 you donate, we receive £1.25 and if you are a higher-rate taxpayer, you can claim extra relief on your donations. See www.hmrc.gov.uk/individuals/giving/gift-aid.htm.
If your company operates the Payroll Giving scheme, you will be able to donate directly from your earnings or personal pension, before Income Tax is deducted. For further information see www.hmrc.gov.uk/businesses/giving/payroll-giving.htm Do also check if your employer has a matched giving scheme.
None of us really likes to think about our wills but you may wish to remember Maidstone Grammar School in yours. For advice, please visit: www.hmrc.gov.uk/individuals/giving/will.htm
Why not simply donate £1 for every year of your age, and increase it year on year? Or even £2 or £3 for each year! Be inventive and innovative with your donations. What about £15.49 a month, £19.29 each quarter, or perhaps use the year you joined?
Other ways you may be able to support Maidstone Grammar School
• volunteer to help either regularly or on an ad hoc basis, especially if you have any specialist skills
• attend and support Parents’ Association and School events (fireworks, concerts, quiz nights etc.)
• encourage friends and family to support events
• encourage corporate support and company match funding
• join the Old Maidstonian Society
• and if you have a good idea for fundraising, please do get in touch.