Development Fund Newsletters
Maidstone Grammar School Alumni & Development Fund Administrator
Reports to: Mr R Ferguson (Trustee and Deputy Head)
Hours: 10-15 hours per week (Term time only)
To support, promote and put into practice the values and objectives of the Maidstone Grammar School Development Fund (MGSDF). These are to promote and nurture relationships with all Old Maidstonians, and to facilitate fundraising for capital projects for the benefit of Maidstone Grammar School.
This is not an exclusive list but describes the primary duties and responsibilities. A handover document is available to facilitate a smooth transition. The Alumni & Development Fund Administrator accepts that all work undertaken is done so on a voluntary basis and with no contractual obligation on either party.
- Assist and support the delivery of any administrative and fundraising activities of the Fund
- Keep trustees informed and up to date about any issues that may arise
- Undertake mailings (both paper and electronic) to donors and other interested parties
- Produce a termly Development Fund newsletter and event flyers as necessary
- Provide a link between the School and alumni
- Support and encourage supporter visits to the School
- Promote and sell School and OMS merchandise, and keep an accurate record of sales
- Maintain and update the InTouch CRM database
- Assist with the identification of potential donors
- Undertake fundraising research as required
- Ensure compliance with fundraising legislation, GDPR, etc.
- Liaise with the archivists in the preparation of displays of memorabilia and ephemera
- Help the Old Maidstonian Society in identifying new members
- Attend evening events, including board meetings and information evenings, if possible
Personal Attributes and skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint in particular)
- Self-motivated and independent worker
- Organised, efficient and with an eye for detail
- Knowledge of CRM software (InTouch) Training will be given
- Knowledge of fundraising and experience within the charitable sector, particularly of legislation
Maidstone Grammar School Development Fund:
- will ensure the Administrator is fully supported in their role and has, where possible, access to the necessary resources required to achieve the aims of the MGSDF
- will include the Administrator in any consultations or decision-making processes relating directly to the Fund.
If you're interested in this post, please contact [email protected]