Careers Programme in MGS
All students in MGS undertake a programme of Careers Education from Year 7-13
The Careers Programme at MGS follows the 2018 CDI Framework for Careers, Employability & Enterprise Education, emphasizing the need for students to take an active role in their career learning.
This is built on three main aims:
- Developing yourself through careers, employability and enterprise education
- Learning about careers and the world of work
- Developing your career management, employability and enterprise skills
The Careers Programme is delivered via a variety of methods, including the following:
- Careers, Business and Enterprise topics delivered through PSHCE lessons
- Careers topics delivered through off-timetable days
- Presentations from external speakers representing further and higher education, employers, businesses etc.
- Work shadowing and Work Experience opportunities
- Individual Careers Interviews with Careers Advisers
- Special events in school such as Careers and University Fairs
- Careers related topics delivered through curriculum subjects
- External Careers and Education events that students are encouraged to attend
The range of careers activities delivered at MGS is also detailed in the MGS Careers and Work Related Learning Policy
The careers programme is reviewed annually via student and staff evaluation and the Careers Department Self-Evaluation procedure. Careers provision is also reviewed by students, staff and parents as part of the Kirkland Rowell whole school evaluation survey which takes place every 5 years.
To find out what careers activities you will take part in each year, look at the Careers Each Year information.