Parentmail X & Parents Portal (Insight) Help

(Please click HERE to jump to ParentMail X help)

NB: ParentMail X & Insight are TWO different systems, for more information please read the articles below

How to register for Insight

We are pleased to provide to parents & carers, our Parental Portal “Insight” We would ask that if you have either not been able to attend a parents evening or have not yet returned your application form that you download and return the one available below. We will then create you an account and post the account information to the address we have registered in the school system (If you have moved, please ensure you have notified the school office)

Please DO NOT complete a new form if you have forgotten your account details, please use the password recovery option on the portal itself.

Parents Portal Application Form

Booking Parents Evening appointments guide (Updated to Version 7)

Please note that this form is an important part of the security of your child’s information. Please make sure you have read and understood the items below.

• The Insight portal provided by MGS is the property of the school. I understand that it may be a criminal offence to provide unauthorised access to the facility.
  • I accept the sensitive nature of some of the information available and agree to safeguard my username and password. Access using my Insight account will be my sole responsibility and the school cannot take responsibility for misuse.
  • I will report any incidents of concern directly to the school or the designated Child Protection Coordinator.
  • I appreciate that use of the portal in public places (e.g. internet café or work computer) puts a high risk that information held about my son/daughter could be view by unauthorised persons.
  • I acknowledge that by submitting this information, the school will use it to facilitate the Insight service and that it may be used to update your contact information held in school.
  • Usernames and passwords will only be issued on receipt of a completed & signed copy the application form.

Insight is available by visiting the school website and clicking on the Insight link via the Parents drop down menu, or by clicking the link HERE It will allow you to view information that we record about your children like attendance, achievement, behaviour and reports. The information is updated directly from our Management Information System (SIMS) and is available to you 24 hours a day (excluding maintenance) Unfortunately we are unable to provide technical support for this facility beyond assisting you with account and password issues.

You will receive one user account regardless of how many children you have studying at MGS.

ParentMailX which is an electronic means of keeping parents & carers up to date with events in school.is now our preferred method of sending information home.

Below are some of the more common questions we receive, however more help is available by searching the online PMX help portal here:- https://parentmail.co.uk/help/parenthelp/

Why am I not receiving messages from my school?

Please log in to your ParentMail account or open the PMX App. If you see messages here, then the issue is likely to be with your email provider. Within your personal email, please check your junk/spam folders and add [email protected] (PMX) or [email protected] (PM2) to your contacts/address book in your email account.

If you do not see any messages when you log in to your ParentMail account/App, please contact the school directly. They can check that you are correctly linked to your child, that your child is set up in the correct groups for messaging and that they have the correct contact details in their system.

Stop items going into junk email folder (GMAIL) Manage my SPAM settings (BT Email)
Manage JUNK mail (iCloud) Stop emails going into Junk folder (Outlook.com)

Why am I only receiving messages for one of my children?

ParentMail allows schools to send messages ‘per family’; this means that you will only receive messages such as newsletters once, even if you have multiple children at the school. Only one child’s name will appear on the message. If you believe that you are not receiving messages specific to one child, please contact the school to check that you are properly linked to all of your children.

I’ve just registered, but I can’t see any messages?

Only messages sent seven or fewer days prior to you registering will be visible in your ParentMail account. If you require a copy of previous communications, please contact the school directly.

I can’t see an item that I need to pay for?

If you cannot see an item in the ‘Payments’ section of your account, please contact the school directly. Your child may not have been invited to pay for the item, or the school may have set a ‘purchase window’ that has expired. Only Parental accounts marked as primary contacts will see payment items for a student (Please contact us if you would like multiple accounts set as primary, but this may mean you receive duplicate messages)

I have children at different schools, do I need to register multiple accounts?

As long as each school holds the same email address for you, and is using the latest version of ParentMail (PMX), you can receive all communications in the same ParentMail account. Look out for an invitation to connect to any new schools, then simply log-in to approve the connection.